Impressions on the MacBook Pro
May 2, 2015
For context: I’m coming from an 11-inch MacBook Air. This is the 13-inch, early 2015 version.
- I love the Retina display. I would venture into saying that it’s the best one I’ve ever used. So so good. No image retention either.
- The Force Touch trackpad feels like magic to me. I’m excited by its potential.
- Battery life is crazy good. This computer has better battery life than the new MacBook (10 hours vs. 9 hours), yet Apple doesn’t call this “All-day battery,” just “Long-lasting battery”. Maybe that’s reserved only for its ultra-portables (MacBook, Macbook Air, and iPad).
- Keyboard feels… different. But I’m getting used to it. I find myself typing faster.
- Migration Assistant was super easy to use. It brought up some issues with iCloud, which I haven’t been able to fix even after a week.
- OS X Yosemite looks great on this. I can’t imagine going back to pre-Yosemite systems on any Mac.
- Photos app is fun to work on. When it syncs, that is.
I will be using this computer for a long, long time; I’m really happy with it.